You can link to the library calendar using pre-defined filters.
- http://beta.spokanelibrary.org/calendar/dt/ – show all events Downtown
- http://beta.spokanelibrary.org/calendar/computer/ – show all Computer Classes
- http://beta.spokanelibrary.org/calendar/dt/computer/ – show all Computer Classes Downtown
Combine as many filters as you like, in any order, but for consistency please standardize on the form: /location/event-type/audience/find/search+term/ if possible. You can use multiple locations, events, or audiences. Just leave out any filter types you don’t need.
- http://beta.spokanelibrary.org/calendar/find/toddler+time/ – search for the string “toddler time”
- http://beta.spokanelibrary.org/calendar/dt/find/toddler+time/ – search for the string “toddler time”, limit results to Downtown
To trigger a search use /find/followed+by+your+search+term/. I strongly recommend using a plus sign “+” in place of spaces all_of_the_time. This will make your links more resilient to sharing through applications that may not handle url encoding of spaces correctly (email, social, word docs, etc). Just be positive (+) and you won’t have a problem!
- http://beta.spokanelibrary.org/calendar/sm/ – show events at the small branches
- http://beta.spokanelibrary.org/calendar/kids/ – show events with an audience including Families, Toddlers, Preschoolers, School-Aged Kids, or Tweens
Synthetic filters are logically related groups of filters. Talk to Sean If you need one added or changed.
List of URL triggers
- dt – includes nw
- lg – large branches
- sm – small branches
- learn – class, computer, early-ed, stem
- kids – family, toddler, preschool, school, tween